As FEMA, the Red Cross and even private citizen volunteers have demonstrated, there are immense resources available to those trying to rebuild their lives after Hurricane Harvey.
If you are a survivor of Hurricane Harvey, being aware of the resources and assistance available to you is important to getting the help you may need to overcome the devastation and restore your life.
To this end, we have compiled the following list of essential resources for the medical, housing, insurance and legal assistance available to those impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
Filing a Hurricane Harvey Insurance Claim?
Call (877) 892-2797, Text (281) 612-8024 or Email Our Firm
for Your FREE Consultation
We are ready to explain your options for financial recovery, answer your questions and help you move forward with a claim. If you cannot visit our offices, free virtual and mobile consultations are available.
If getting the proper medical care has become a challenge in the wake of Hurricane Harvey, Blue Cross Blue Shield can help you:
- Find a doctor or hospital
- Coordinate or transition your care
- Get a member ID card
- Refill prescriptions (if you have Prime Therapeutics).
If you do not have Blue Cross Blue Shield or if you are looking for other forms of assistance, here are some helpful contacts:
- HMO Blue Texas: 877-299-2377
- Employer-based Insurance: 800-521-2227
- Medicare Supplement: 800-654-9390
- STAR Kids: 877-688-1811(TTY 7-1-1)
- CHIP and STAR: 888-657-6061 (TTY 7-1-1)
Whether you need to relocate temporarily or permanently, there are a number of resources available. Fortunately, Houston has robust housing market: The last building boom created an apartment vacancy rate of 8 to 12%, meaning there are roughly 300,000 potential housing units available.
They have also provided other information regarding insurance claims, disaster loans, and other forms of financial assistance, which you can see here.
Insurance Claim Assistance
Whether you are trying to recover under an automobile, homeowners’ and/or business policy, here are some general tips to keep in mind to help you position your claim for the maximum coverage available:
- Read your policy or policies. This will inform you about what is (and is not) covered.
- Provide prompt notice/proof of loss. Most insurers are overwhelmed with claims, so be sure to you “get in line” as soon as possible.
- Document and keep everything. Take photos of damage and save debris and receipts.
Here are some more helpful tips, as well as important information regarding what to expect (and do) during insurance adjusters’ property inspections.
If you need to get in contact with your insurer, here are some helpful numbers:
- AIG: 888-760-9195
- Allstate: 800-255-7828
- Farmers: 800-435-7764
- The Hartford: 800-243-5860
- Liberty Mutual: 800-225-2467
- Mercury: 800-503-3724
- MetLife: 800-854-6011
- Nationwide: 800-421-3535
- Safeco: 800-332-3226
- State Farm: 800-782-8332
- Texas Windstorm Insurance Association: 800-788-8247
- Travelers: 800-252-4633
- USAA: 800-531-8722
Whether you have questions regarding insurance claims, unemployment compensation, or even possible liability for the Barker and Addicks dam releases, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance.
If you are confused about your legal rights, general consultations are available here.
Many lawyers and organizations are offering enhanced or reduced-cost services to Harvey victims. Here are some help legal resources:
- The State Bar of Texas: Website or Call (800) 504-7030
- The Houston Bar Association: Website or Call (713) 759-1133
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers: Website or Call (713) 228-0732
- Consejos Legales: Llame al (713) 759-1133 entre las 6-8 p.m.para asesoramiento legal gratuito en español.
Get More Important Information & Effective Advocacy: Contact an Insurance Attorney at the Amaro Law Firm
For additional help and exceptional representation in the pursuit of recovery after Hurricane Harvey, contact an experienced insurance attorney at the Amaro Law Firm.
Call (877) 892-2797, text (281) 612-8024 or email our firm for your FREE Consultation. In this meeting, we will explain your rights and options, answer your questions and advise you on how to position your Hurricane Harvey claim for success.
The Amaro Law Firm’s history of extraordinary representation and success in hurricane damage claims has earned us glowing testimonials from former clients, as well as 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook.